Wednesday 28 March 2012

New project

I saw a project on someones blog that I definitely wanted to try. It was putting words onto wood. I am all about testing things out before doing the "real" thing so I went to Michael's and bought a bunch of wood plaques for a dollar to see if this would work. I was happy with the final results.

So, you just paint the wood with the background colour (cream in this case), then apply the word in stickers, put a coat of Mod Podge over this and then the final coat of paint (teal for mine). Once this is dry you peel away the stickers. The Mod Podge works great in that when you peel the stickers the other paint around it doesn't lift as well so it is really clean.  I threw on a few jewels and done!! I love when you try something and it works! I will definitely be making more of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment